Chantal Carter may be one of the most determined people I've ever met.
I instantly bonded with Chantal when we went through a product accelerator program together back in 2015. Her laugh was contagious, her curiosity infectious and her mission for her own brand was on point.
Chantal spent over 20 years working in the fashion industry, as a stylist, image consultant and style director. But she felt stuck and uninspired, knowing deep down that there had to be a bigger plan for her life.
And like many entrepreneurs, she decided to take matters into her own hands. Her life wasn't going to miraculously change, unless she took some type of action.
Her "WHY" for creating her brand, Love & Nudes, has and always will be, bigger than herself. That's the key to anything you start.
Find a problem. Figure out how to solve it.
She's on a mission to create an intimates line that accurately represents women of colour- a Melanin Nude brand.
As she says (and it's true), there's not just one shade of nude/beige in the world. There's multiple and they aren't represented in the marketplace.
So why not do something about it?
Watch out world, the next BIG brand is on the rise...
You can check out her INDIEGOGO CAMPAIGN to support her mission and purchase one of her first products. She's 44% funded, with 17 days left. So let's spread the word and help get her message out there.
Some Questions I Asked:
- Why did you decide to take the leap into entrepreneurship?
- How did you finally make your dream a reality? And why now?
- What obstacles in life have you had to overcome to get to where you are today?
- How did you Drown the Noise and keep moving forward?
- Who are the people in your life that have given you strength and helped you along this journey?
What You'LL Learn:
- Why it's never too late to start something new
- How important it is to find mentors and how to do that
- Why positive people can change your life
- The importance of being open to new possibilities and how that brings about success
- An epiphany on how powerful thoughts can be when it comes to achieving your goals
- Why you don't need to know everything
- Plus THE HAT TRICK take-aways at the end of the episode
- And so much more!
- Delivering Happiness: A Path to Profits, Passion and Purpose by Tony Hsieh
- A New Earth: Awakening to your life's purpose by Eckhart Tolle
Follow Chantal + Love and Nudes
IF YOU LIKED THIS EPISODE, PLEASE CONSIDER SUPPORTING LOVE AND NUDES INDIEGOGO CAMPAIGN TO HELP CHANGE THE WORLD & CONSIDER SHARING THIS WITH YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS
ENJOY THE PODCAST?
Feel inspired? If you know anyone who would enjoy this episode, please share this link with them. The more inspired people our world has, the happier a place it will be. Just click the share button on the left side of the screen and let's spread these stories and messages. Feel free to leave a comment below and share your thoughts- I'd love to know what you think.
SPREAD LOVE AND KINDNESS, DTN CREW!
** BE SURE TO FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL AND JOIN THE INSIDER CREW FOR UPDATES **