What does success look like to you?
Have you ever worked so hard, strived for praise, only to one day wake up and question what the heck it's all for? What's the purpose? Who cares, anyways?
Or maybe you like your job, but you know you have an 'end' date and don't have any idea what to do next - so you stay in that dead end position.
These are all too familiar realities. And a lot of them, success coach and motivational speaker, Karlyn Percil can relate to!
After coming to Canada from the Caribbean, Karlyn continued working in the financial banking system. She held a high level position within an International Bank as a Sr. Project Manager; but she was tired and no longer felt challenged.
Knowing that it was time to move on; but unsure what the future held, she turned to a long time mentor who outlined a lot of the areas she was good at: adult training, personal development, community building and even events.
This was a start.
But it wasn't until she was unexpectedly 'forced' to confront her own personal demons that she had been ignoring for years, that she really started to feel a weight lift off her shoulders and a clarity enter her mind.
This experience unraveled the shame she had been feeling. And it also opened her up to be vulnerable. A side of her she had been taught to suppress and forget about.
We get deep into conversation about vulnerability, love, what it truly means to live an authentic life, and how she's learning the complicated workings of our brain, in order to help others re-program their thoughts and live their best lives. Doing what they love.
She also has an amazing success planner that you can get your hands on for 2018 to help you accomplish everything your heart desires.
This is a powerful one, folks! Take a listen below :)
SOME QUESTIONS I ASKED:
- How long have you been in the coaching field?
- How did you end up becoming a leadership and success coach?
- Was there a transformative moment that made you re-evaluate your own life?
- What were you doing before venturing out on your own?
- Who has been instrumental in helping you grow as a person?
- How would you help others overcome a traumatic life event?
- What are some skills that you teach your clients so they can lead a life they love?
- What does being authentic mean to you - because that word has become so mainstream these days?
- Do you have a morning routine that helps you get off on the right foot?
- And so much more...
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- How Karlyn uses neuroscience to help her clients succeed in business and life
- How storytelling has helped free her from her past
- How she gets more done in a day than most people do in a week
- Why positive self-talk helped turn her own life around
- Why you must re-frame your own idea of success
- The importance of self-care
- Why she's re-evaluate her own offerings
- What her big life vision and mission is
- How her workshops can change your life
- And lots more...
CONNECT WITH karlyn percil
ENJOY THE PODCAST?
Feel inspired? If you know anyone who would enjoy this episode, please share this link with them. The more inspired people our world has, the happier a place it will be. Just click the share button on the left side of the screen and let's spread these stories and messages. Feel free to leave a comment below and share your thoughts- I'd love to know what you think.
SPREAD LOVE AND KINDNESS, DTN CREW!
** BE SURE TO FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL AND JOIN THE INSIDER CREW FOR UPDATES **
Edited by: James Nicholson