For years, Samantha Skelly battled her own demons when it came to food.
She now refers to herself as a recovering perfectionist and type A person. Like many of us, she wanted everything to be perfect and that cost her internal happiness.
Instead of looking inwards for acceptance and love, she was constantly striving for outward gratification, and a lot of those feelings were causing her to have a negative relationship with food and her body. This issue didn't present itself overnight. It was years of torture.
Two things happened to her that started to shift her line of thinking and the way she was living her life. (you'll have to listen to find out what they were :))
Both were unexpected.
However, life works in mysterious ways at times. And although they seemed horrible at the time, Sam admits that they were probably two of the best things that could have happened to her.
Stepping back on home soil wasn't easy. The next three years that followed were excruciatingly hard. When friends were going out and partying, living the typical 20 something lifestyle, Sam was forced to confront her deep seeded problems.
These were years of self-development, healing, confrontation, inward soul searching, anger and acceptance.
The final result is a woman who says her state of being revolves around one word now: peaceful. And she's fully intentional about everything she does - including her relationship with food.
Her journey is a powerful one. And growing her empire didn't happen overnight. Some might say it was even a bit serendipitous how it all happened. But her business, Hungry for Happiness and her mission to improve the toxic relationships women have with food by 2020 is surely set to create waves.
Someone needs to flip the weight-loss industry on it's head - and that's exactly what Sam intends to do. Keep an eye on her in the future, because she's up to big things!
SOME QUESTIONS I ASKED:
- How do you manage to get so much done in a day?
- How do you efficiently delegate to your team?
- Do you have a morning routine that you depend on?
- Did you always dream of becoming an entrepreneur?
- How long had you been fighting with food and your body image?
- When did this toxic journey take a 180 flip?
- What were those years like when you were healing yourself?
- How did you come up with the Phoenix coaching program?
- What can people expect if they sign up to work with you?
- What fears and doubts came to the surface for you, when you were working through your stuff?
- And so much more...
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- The two things that happened to Sam that set her life on a completely different path
- How she manages to get so much done
- What her big vision is for her company, Hungry for Happiness
- Why food isn't often the problem when it comes to eating disorders and how she's helping other women overcome their hate for food
- How she managed to write a book and why she's in the process of writing another one
- Why she believes the weight loss industry needs to be flipped on it's head
- How she drown's out the noise in her own life (hint: we could all learn from this)
- And lots more...
CONNECT WITH Samantha Skelly
ENJOY THE PODCAST?
Feel inspired? If you know anyone who would enjoy this episode, please share this link with them. The more inspired people our world has, the happier a place it will be. Just click the share button on the left side of the screen and let's spread these stories and messages. Feel free to leave a comment below and share your thoughts- I'd love to know what you think.
SPREAD LOVE AND KINDNESS, DTN CREW!
** BE SURE TO FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL AND JOIN THE INSIDER CREW FOR UPDATES **
Edited by: James Nicholson