I hope I'm not the only one that thinks the pose (above) is hard to do. Pretty sure I would fall flat on my face if I even tried that one.
But I know that Jonathan and Queenie Phair, would tell me that it takes a lot of practice and dedication to learn how to do these poses with ease. And they'll be the first to point out, that they too, were not born yogis.
(Which means there is still hope for you and I!!)
They both built up a love and passion for yoga in different ways. Queenie said she never really was an active person. And she most definitely couldn't touch her toes. But when a family member launched a yoga studio in Toronto, she started to take an interest and began her own practice. She started slowly and found it to be a struggle at the beginning; but then started to love how it made her feel- both physically and mentally.
For Jonathan, the struggle was real. He didn't like yoga at the beginning when Queenie first introduced him to it. But then they began practising together after work, while living abroad in Hong Kong, and as they began doing it more often, they felt stronger, more grounded and balanced.
They didn't exactly set out to be yogis. But it has led them on an incredible journey together as a couple and opened up doors for personal growth and development as entrepreneurs.
They've recently launched their own business called Phair Yoga, that includes various workshops and now yoga and travel retreats (Focus: Retreats) that are held in exotic locations around the world. For them, travel has been such a huge part of their lives together, that they knew it was important to find a way to bring that into their business.
SOME QUESTIONS I ASKED:
- How did you guys get started with yoga?
- What style of yoga do you guys enjoy the most? (they are totally different)
- What's your own teaching style like?
- How did you guys meet?
- What did you both do before becoming yogis?
- How has yoga changed your life?
- What's been the biggest transformation - for each of you- that you've seen from your practice?
- What's the secret to making your business and personal life work?
- Did you ever think you'd be living this type of life?
- How did you guys launch your retreats?
- How do you market yourselves?
- And so much more...
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- How they differ as teachers and what styles they each love
- How to make business and personal life work
- Why it's so important to practice self care
- How meditation will help you in many areas of your life
- Why they believe you must cherish every moment
- Why it's ok to not have everything in life figured out
- The importance of gratitude and how you can cultivate more
- And lots more
CONNECT WITH Jonathan & queenie
ENJOY THE PODCAST?
Feel inspired? If you know anyone who would enjoy this episode, please share this link with them. The more inspired people our world has, the happier a place it will be. Just click the share button on the left side of the screen and let's spread these stories and messages. Feel free to leave a comment below and share your thoughts- I'd love to know what you think.
SPREAD LOVE AND KINDNESS, DTN CREW!
** BE SURE TO FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL AND JOIN THE INSIDER CREW FOR UPDATES **
Edited by: James Nicholson