It all started with a love for surfing and a big dream.
For as far back as Cam Greenwood can remember, he's been living in the clouds. Dreaming bigger than most people think is possible and coming up with ideas to positively impact the world.
His parents thought he was a bit crazy when he told them he wanted to design and build his own surf boards in their backyard. But as any good parents do, they allowed him to follow his passion.
What started off as a hobby shaping surfboards, turned into a much bigger undertaking after Cam returned from a missions trip in 2012. While away, he visited the Huruma Children's Home in Kenya, and was moved to make something more of his 'hobby' and ultimately give back in a bigger way.
And so, Monsta Surf was born.
There's something epic about living your life with a crazy dream that is so much bigger than you - Cam Greenwood
The Monsta Surf brand is a socially conscious company, with products available in over 40 countries around the world.
Cam's big vision is to create killer product, epic content and a movement that inspires people to get out of their comfort zone; push the boundaries of what we think is possible for our lives; and live out our days happy, fulfilled and ultimately helping to make the world a better place.
Most recently, his team set out to create their first ever feature film to share the story of how Monsta surf came to be and his big WHY for starting it.
I must say, it's crazy to hear all that Cam has accomplished in such a short amount of time. But don't be fooled by the success. There's an extreme amount of hard work, dedication, sleepless nights and hustle that goes into creating an international brand and movement.
On top of it all, there's also the Monsta Surf Foundation, in which Cam and his team have been able to bring fresh water to those in need, help make the children's home more sustainable with the addition of a fresh fish farm and implement various other development projects around the world.
If you care to know how to live an EPIC life, then you won't want to miss this interview!!
SOME QUESTIONS I ASKED:
- Before founding Monsta Surf, what did your life look like?
- Where did this love for surfing come from?
- Did you know anything about how to build surf boards?
- How did your parents react when you told them you were dropping out of school to really pursue your business?
- You say you're a big dreamer - did you ever think this dream would turn out this big?
- How did you get Monsta Surf off the ground - what did the early years look like?
- Biggest challenge you faced?
- Did you ever almost pack it in?
- What you wish you knew before starting?
- Your big WHY for starting your business?
- Where you see Monsta Surf in the next five years?
- And so much more...
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- How to turn a passion into a profitable business
- Why it's important not to give up at the first sign of trouble
- How to make it through tough times
- How to build a brand that is so much more than products
- What it means to live an epic life
- Why Cam is so passionate about giving back
- Why you need to choose dreams that are bigger than you
- How he's turning his brand into something more than just a clothing and surf board company
- And lots more!!
CONNECT WITH monsta surf & cam
ENJOY THE PODCAST?
Feel inspired? If you know anyone who would enjoy this episode, please share this link with them. The more inspired people our world has, the happier a place it will be. Just click the share button on the left side of the screen and let's spread these stories and messages. Feel free to leave a comment below and share your thoughts- I'd love to know what you think.
SPREAD LOVE AND KINDNESS, DTN CREW!
** BE SURE TO FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL AND JOIN THE INSIDER CREW FOR UPDATES **
Edited by: James Nicholson