You know those times when you think you've found your dream job. You start making a life plan in your head and then bam, everything changes.
That's what happened to Shannon. She was working for a private investment firm in banking and she loved her job. She pictured moving up the ladder, with the dream of hopefully one day taking over from her boss.
And then, unexpectedly, a huge bank bought out their firm and her dreams of working there long-term changed.
She figured out quite quickly that working for a huge bank was not for her. There were too many hurdles to overcome, simply to be able to help people and set them up for financial success.
So she quit and worked out a plan with her partner that would allow her to build up her own business and clientele. She had started a project called the Barter Babes, where she exchanged unbiased financial advice for other women's services - whether it be a hair cut, massage, physiotherapy, etc. It was about exchanging her knowledge, to find out what other's were having difficulty with regarding money.
That one project opened up so many doors and aha moments.
It's basically what set her on the course of opening up The New School of Finance. But as any entrepreneur is aware, the first year wasn't easy. She networked, built up her clientele by word of mouth and took a lot of risks before she felt she was ready.
Like that saying goes, you'll either sink or swim; but if you want to succeed, you're going to have to try and give it all you have.
Hear how Shannon and her team are now helping people like you and I, solopreneurs and small business owners get their finances in check, so they can be worry free with money and live their lives without over budgeting for everything.
SOME QUESTIONS I ASKED:
- Where did this love for finance stem from?
- What were you doing before you started The New School of Finance?
- How is the New School of Finance different from other institutions?
- What does it mean to give un-biased advice when it comes to financial literacy?
- When you quit your job, did you know what you were going to do right away?
- What were those early years like for you?
- How did you push past your own fears?
- How did you know when you needed to hire and grow your business?
- And so much more...
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- Shannon's trick for staying sane when she's about to launch a big project out into the world
- Why you must follow your intuition as a business owner
- The best advice she has for knowing who and when to hire
- Why fear is not an enemy
- How to take the support as a solopreneur when it is offered to you and to release the shame or guilt from that decision
- Ways to manage your debt
- Why you don't need to over-budget to get ahead financially
- When you should start thinking about saving for retirement
- And lots more...
CONNECT WITH Shannon & NSFINANCE
ENJOY THE PODCAST?
Feel inspired? If you know anyone who would enjoy this episode, please share this link with them. The more inspired people our world has, the happier a place it will be. Just click the share button on the left side of the screen and let's spread these stories and messages. Feel free to leave a comment below and share your thoughts- I'd love to know what you think.
SPREAD LOVE AND KINDNESS, DTN CREW!
** BE SURE TO FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL AND JOIN THE INSIDER CREW FOR UPDATES **
Edited by: James Nicholson