Negative self-talk. We all know what it is.
It's that nasty and cruel voice in our head that tells us we're not worthy, we're not smart enough, we can't do it, we don't have the talent, why are we even trying?
It's our ego sabotaging the good within us and if we listen to it long enough, it can have a drastic effect on our self-worth, ability to love and be loved.
But recognizing it and being able to take the steps to change your mindset and environments, that's where the deep work comes in.
Gillian battled with her own ego for years. It might seem like she's in a great place - and she is - but her past is what led her to this spiritual journey that she's on.
For years she was falling into toxic relationships that were crushing her soul. She put a lot of value into her external appearance and less on her internal. She took jobs within environments (you'll have to listen to find out where) that were full of sex, drugs and alcohol - which only heightened the negative talk that was eating away at her and in all honesty, she had forgotten how to love herself.
She credits finding yoga as one of the guiding forces that helped her escape the negative environments she was existing within and the community of support that began to form around her, became more powerful than the other chains she felt were holding her down.
With a lot of courage, she slowly began to pick up the pieces, and unravel her true self again; but it took many years and a complete 180 look at her own mental and physical health.
She's now found her happy place in nature, living on the west coast, and finding a balance that allows her time to herself, as well surrounding herself with people that feed her soul.
Through Gillian B, it is her mission to guide people to self-love by her talks, one-on-one coaching sessions, her love letters that are sent out each month and guidance that she brings to her online communities.
She may have been lost, but that was only temporary. As is your experience. You just need to surrender and allow your intuition to guide you back to your heart and souls desires.
SOME QUESTIONS I ASKED:
- What led you to pick up your life and work in Toronto and move out west?
- Where did this spiritual quest stem from?
- Was there a moment in your life that triggered something inside of you and set you on this path?
- Did you ever think this would be how you'd be making a living?
- I read that you felt that yoga shifted your life - how so?
- What have been some of the biggest fears you've had to release in order to get to this place in your life?
- How has living and being in nature changed you?
- What practices do you have to show your self, self-love and kindness?
- How do you help your clients get to a place of self-love?
- And so much more...
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- Self-love doesn't just mean bubble baths and time alone
- How to find peace and quiet in a society that's over-feeding our nervous systems
- How to squash your own self-doubt and find things that heal your soul
- How mantra's can help eliminate negative talk
- The meaning behind cutting the cord (not in the literal sense, but spiritual)
- How to free ourselves from negative people and environments
- And lots more...
- Sacred Success: A Course in Financial Miracles by Barbara Stanny
- Blog Post on Self - Love (Strip Club Story)
- FB Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/inspiredbylife1111/
- Latest Course - http://www.gillianb.com/self-love-activation/
- Gillian's Love Letters - http://www.gillianb.com/love-letters/
CONNECT WITH gillian b
ENJOY THE PODCAST?
Feel inspired? If you know anyone who would enjoy this episode, please share this link with them. The more inspired people our world has, the happier a place it will be. Just click the share button on the left side of the screen and let's spread these stories and messages. Feel free to leave a comment below and share your thoughts- I'd love to know what you think.
SPREAD LOVE AND KINDNESS, DTN CREW!
** BE SURE TO FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL AND JOIN THE INSIDER CREW FOR UPDATES **
Edited by: James Nicholson