The dictionary's definition of a renegade:
A person who behaves in a rebelliously unconventional manner.
- OXFORD ENGLISH DICTIONARY
I wouldn't necessarily call Lauren McPhillips rebellious. Well, at least not in the sense that she's doing things that cause a problem for others.
But she is rebellious in the sense that she follows her own rules in life. Going against the norm and taking risks is her jam. And man, can I relate to that!
She's a little bit of a black sheep. Or so, those were her words to describe where she fits in her own family.
For those who haven't heard of Lauren yet, allow me to introduce her. She's the Creative Director + Chief Editor of a blog known as This Renegade Love.
From dreaming up an idea whilst working a full time job and living in England, to launching her blog as she was flying back home to Canada, this gal has guts and gusto. And she's showing no sign of slowing down.
If you follow her on social media, you may think she's the energizer bunny, reincarnate. She's at all the cool events in the city, jet-setting around the world at every chance she gets (in Australia right now), hitting all the great food hot spots in Toronto, taking a new exercise class and collaborating with meaningful brands that align with her own interests and vision.
So point made.
Following your dreams is not easy. And I never, for once, want you to get the wrong idea that it is. BUT here's a tip:
"I promise it's worth all the heart ache and struggle." - DTN
Lauren is living proof that you can follow your passion and make a living doing so. It may take you on a path that you didn't have planned at the beginning; but it will all make sense in the end.
If you're interested in finding out how to start a blog, gain a committed following on social media, and make a difference, then Lauren's interview is a dream maker.
Some Questions I Asked:
- What were you doing before you launched your lifestyle blog?
- Where did the inspiration come from for "This Renegade Love" ?
- What is the secret to working with brands you love?
- How do you grow an authentic social media following?
- How do you carve a niche in a fairly oversaturated market?
- How do you get yourself known in the blogging world?
- How do you build relationships with brands?
- Her absolutely favourite country she's traveled to and why?
- And so much more!
What you'll learn:
- Why creating a PDF or one page about your blog will help you get ahead
- How to turn your interest into a profitable business that you love
- The truth behind the 'glamorous' life of a blogger
- An APP that helps Lauren get in the zone for writing and being productive
- How she grew her Instagram account from relatively nothing, to over 23k followers in a years time - and it's not necessarily how you think.
- Why you need a thick skin in the blogging industry
- And many more helpful tips and tricks
Connect with Lauren & TRL
ENJOY THE PODCAST?
Feel inspired? If you know anyone who would enjoy this episode, please share this link with them. The more inspired people our world has, the happier a place it will be. Just click the share button on the left side of the screen and let's spread these stories and messages. Feel free to leave a comment below and share your thoughts- I'd love to know what you think.
SPREAD LOVE AND KINDNESS, DTN CREW!
** BE SURE TO FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL AND JOIN THE INSIDER CREW FOR UPDATES **
Edited by: James Findlay