What if when we're hungry, someone else could do our grocery shopping for us and pick up everything we need without having to physically step one foot in the grocery store?!
Well, that day has arrived and serial entrepreneur, Julian Gleizer is working tirelessly with his talented team to make the grocery shopping experience more convenient and time-saving for all you busy folks with his new venture, Instabuggy.
You click. They pick. You eat. That's how it works. And you can even order pre-prepared meals by gourmet Chefs. Yes, please!
He grew up in an entrepreneurial environment, always helping his father with the family business. So striking out on his own from a young age, was always the plan. It was in his blood.
Before founding Toronto based grocery delivery service, Instabuggy , Julian had a startup in the daily deal space, which he sold in May 2014 to LiveDeal. After a busy work day, he stopped at a grocery store to pick up the essentials, and quickly realized that everything was being sold online, except for groceries in North America.
According to an article in the Financial Post, global sales for e-commerce is expected to rise to US$3.4 trillion in 2019. And Julian wants a piece of that coin.
He knows he couldn't do all of this without the help of his wife, who has been his number one supporter from the beginning. We discuss everything from balancing a startup and family life, building a team that believes in your vision, how to scale at the right time and still be mindful of what you are trying to accomplish and why Julian doesn't make any radical decision when he's stressed.
If you'e looking for a quick and easy way to get groceries and now your LCBO goodies delivered to you, without shopping for them yourself, definitely check out Instagbuggy.
SOME QUESTIONS I ASKED:
- What were you doing before launching Instabuggy?
- Where did this idea come from?
- Are you modelling Instabuggy off of other grocery shopping platforms?
- What makes you guys unique from other on-demand services in the food industry?
- How do you manage to deliver in an hour?
- Why is convenience so important to you?
- Where did this drive to create businesses come from?
- Do you believe you were born an entrepreneur?
- How were you able to build relationships with Grocers without stepping on their toes?
- Where do you plan to take your business in the next five years?
- And so much more...
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
- How Julian balances home life and a startup
- The key factors to his success
- Why it's so important to stay grounded and create a routine for yourself
- His big vision for his company
- How he's been able to drown out the noise around him
- How he's disrupting an industry, while also building relationships
- And lots more...
CONNECT WITH INSTABUGGY
ENJOY THE PODCAST?
Feel inspired? If you know anyone who would enjoy this episode, please share this link with them. The more inspired people our world has, the happier a place it will be. Just click the share button on the left side of the screen and let's spread these stories and messages. Feel free to leave a comment below and share your thoughts- I'd love to know what you think.
SPREAD LOVE AND KINDNESS, DTN CREW!
** BE SURE TO FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL AND JOIN THE INSIDER CREW FOR UPDATES **
Edited by: James Nicholson